Marketing for Speech Professionals
Set up your business for a steady stream of students.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is included as part of our full teacher training program, The Accent Channel Method. Click here for more details.
Having a steady stream of students can completely transform your business and change your side gig into a full-time career.
We walk you through the steps to implement proven marketing strategies that attract potential students and turn them into paying customers.
Even if you want to hire someone else to do the marketing for you, you still need to have established a basic understanding of the students you serve and know how to explain why your business is the best choice for them. You’ll do that in this course.
It's the same system that I used to build my caseload from zero students into a full-time career. I now have a months-long waiting list of students waiting for me to work with them.
I promise you that students are out there looking for our help. You just need to know how to find them!
And you won't be doing it alone. You'll get advice from me and from other teachers in our private Facebook Group. It has grown into a really incredible group of speech experts who can help you with teaching, tech, marketing, and mindset!
You can also ask questions or request topics to be covered in our Monthly Live Group Coaching sessions. Replays are available if you can't make it live.
There are so many possibilities for more revenue and passive income. In the program, you'll explore different options to expand your business beyond private sessions.
Invest in yourself, invest in your future. If you're ready, we will help you build a thriving business that you love!
Implement proven, what’s-working-now strategies to find new students and grow your business.
Set up a system to consistently attract and enroll new students without spending a ton of time on social media or a ton of money on ads. You'll also learn how to get the offer of your services in front of the students who need your help.
This program is offered for 0.4 ASHA CEUs
Note that 0.1 ASHA CEU = 1 contact hour.
To receive a Certificate of Training or earn ASHA CEUs, you will need to:
- Watch all required video lessons
- Pass an online, multiple choice quiz with 80% accuracy. You are permitted to retake each quiz until you have achieved a passing score.
- Complete and submit the online course evaluation.
- Complete and submit the online ASHA CEU or CE hour request form
We will then verify your coursework. If you have not met all completion requirements, we will notify you by email. Partial credit is not available for this course.
This course will be available for earning ASHA CEUs from
February 1, 2022 until December 31, 2022
You will have 1 year from the date of enrollment to complete the program and earn ASHA CEUs. So if you enroll on December 31, 2022, you'll still have 1 year to complete the course and earn ASHA CEUs.
You will have access to all course materials and bonus materials for 1 year. If you wish to renew access, you can do so for a yearly fee. (renewal fee for 2022 is $199.00, but is subject to change)
After Completing This Course Participants Will Be Able To
- Define basic principals of digital marketing
- Identify correlation of consistent marketing communication with more consistent sales and enrollments
- Apply marketing strategies to increase student enrollment and current student retention
- Decide between paid traffic and organic traffic as the most effective way to find new students
- Develop and create promotional materials appropriate for students who would benefit from speech services
- Implement best practices for delivering promotional materials to potential students
Course content has been reviewed for quality, currency, and effectiveness in assisting learners achieve learning outcomes in compliance with Required Practice 9.13.
What’s The Refund/Satisfaction Policy?
Can I earn ASHA CEUs or continuing education hours for this?
Is this course only for accent and pronunciation instructors?
Presenter and Disclosures
Jessica Kijowski, MS, CCC-SLP is an ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist who has spent the last 20+ years teaching accents and dialects to award-winning actors, models, voice over artists, corporate executives, lawyers, teachers, diplomats, and professional voice users from all over the world.
After earning a Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology in 2000 and completing an internship focused the vocal rehabilitation of actors and singers, Jessica began her career as an Accent and Dialect Specialist at New York Speech Improvement Services and The Sam Chwat Speech Center before opening her own private practice in 2013. She created The Accent Channel in 2015 to offer online speech improvement courses, workshops, and teacher training programs. Jessica has also been an Adjunct Professor of Voice and Diction at New York University.
Financial – Jessica Kijowski is creator and owner of The Accent Channel and receives a salary.
Financial – Jessica Kijowski recommends optional products and services in this program and may receive affiliate fees through the Amazon Associates program and the Kajabi Affiliate program if you purchase these products and services using our links.
Non-Financial – Jessica Kijowski has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
No relevant content disclosure
SLPs and ESL Teachers
Format: Video lessons, related downloadable PDF's, instructor chat section, private Facebook group, and live group Zoom calls for questions
On-Demand Learning: Once you enroll, you'll get immediate access to all lessons and all materials. You'll have access to everything for 1 year.
Total Instruction Time: 4.2 hours (total time does not include live coaching sessions or bonus lessons)
Marketing For Speech Professionals
Implement marketing strategies that attract potential students and set up an automated system that captures leads 24/7.
Module 1: Set Up For Consistent Enrollments
Lesson 1: Your Marketing To Do List (12:24)
- Discover the most important first action steps that you need to implement to work with students and set up your business for consistent enrollments
- Learn the specifics of what makes a sale
- Download a copy of my Starting From Scratch Checklist, to get a step-by-step guide to starting your business, as well as all my recommendations on the equipment, software, and other basics that you will need
Lesson 2: Decide on a Target Audience (16:37)
- Why it’s important to get specific
- Exercise and prompts to help you identify your target audience
Lesson 3: Define your Title and Services (6:55)
- Why it’s important to choose the right words to describe yourself and your services
- Learn to describe your title and services in a way that will benefit your marketing efforts
- Exercise and prompts to help you define your title and services
Lesson 4: Develop Marketing Messaging (10:22)
- Answer the 2 key questions that will be the basis for all your marketing messaging
- Identify your students' fears and challenges, as well as their goals and desires, so that you can effectively communicate the value of your speech improvement services
- Learn to talk about your business in a way that promotes your services without having to sell or convince
- Understand what potential students are really looking for in a speech professional so you can give them more of it (and see more consistent sales and enrollments!)
- Exercise and prompts to help you develop marketing messaging
Module 2: How to Find Students
Lesson 1: Overview of the Selling System (7:30)
- The foundations of digital marketing
- Understand and identify the different types of customers that you’ll encounter in your business so you can send the right marketing message to the right person at the right time
- Walk through each specific step of the system I use to attract and enroll students 24/7
- Learn to confidently offer your products and services to potential students without feeling like a pushy salesperson
Lesson 2: The Importance of An Email List (13:37)
- Learn why email is an important part of your marketing strategy
- Understand the goals of email vs. social media
Lesson 3: Lead Magnet Creation (31:35)
- Learn the important components to include in a Lead Magnet to gain new leads and email subscribers
- Get some ideas and exercises to help you create your own Lead Magnets
Lesson 4: Email Welcome Sequence Set Up (17:14)
- Create an email welcome sequence for your new subscribers
- Learn why it is such an important part of your customer's journey through your business
- Understand an Email Welcome sequence: How many emails you should send, how often to send, and what to write about
- Get an exact copy of my most popular and effective welcome sequence to help you get started
Lesson 5: Opt-In Page Set Up: (15:27)
- Get a detailed breakdown of my opt-in page
- Learn exactly what to write on your opt-in page to get potential students excited to learn more about your services
- Analyze other examples of effective opt-in pages to use as inspiration for your own
Lesson 6: Sharing Your Lead Magnet (10:05)
- Learn proven marketing strategies to attract new leads and email subscribers to your website
- Learn the differences between Facebook Ads and Google Ads so you can decide which is a better fit to promote your services
Lesson 7: How to Offer A Recorded Assessment To Attract New Students (16:05)
- Step-by-step tutorial on how to set up and offer a free assessment, without having to schedule a time to meet live (say good-bye to annoying no-shows!)
- Get a tech walkthrough of the software you’ll need to make it happen
- Watch over my shoulder as I set up this system on my own website
Module 3: Connect With Potential Students
Lesson 1: Weekly Marketing Schedule (10:55)
- How often to contact your audience and post on social media
- Exactly how much time should you devote to marketing?
- Time saving tips for the weekly tasks you’ll need to run your business
- Set up your weekly marketing schedule
Lesson 2: Creating Core Content (14:07)
- Understand the purpose of creating and sharing free content
- Create engaging free lessons that will attract new students, establish your expertise, and showcase your teaching style
- Use my shortcuts for creating free lessons that will save you a ton of time, effort, and frustration
- Get specific speech and accent training ideas for free lessons
- Learn to reuse content to maximize your time
- Content brainstorm exercise
- Get all my recommendations for filming, editing, and video production equipment and software
Lesson 3: Weekly Emails Simplified (24:42)
- Understand why consistent weekly emails are important to build a connection with students
- Get my Weekly Email Template to make your own weekly emails and social media posts fast and easy
- Optimize your emails, Social Media posts, and other promotional content to convert potential students into paying students
- Understand the most important factors that affect deliverability so you can keep your emails out of the spam folders and in your customer's inbox
- Get ideas for email content for potential, current, and past students (you need to communicate with each of them in different ways!)
Lesson 4: Weekly Content Commitment (2:35)
- Make the commitment to be consistent with your marketing
- Get recommendations to create a content calendar for your marketing
Module 4: Grow and Scale Your Business
Lesson 1: Attract More Attention (13:05)
- Get tried-and-true marketing strategies (both free and paid) to find new students
- Get the step-by step guide to my paid traffic strategy that brings a steady stream of new students into my business every single day
- Decide which type of paid ads will work best for your business
- Questions to answer and things to have in place before you spend any money on ads
- Implement my strategy to increase your organic traffic (rank in Google) without spending a dime
- Download my Facebook/Instagram Video Ad Template
Lesson 2: Asking for Testimonials and Referrals (13:50)
- Learn why referrals and testimonials are important to grow your business
- Create a process for asking for referrals and testimonials so you actually get some great ones
Lesson 3: Revenue Streams Beyond Private Sessions (14:45)
- Add other products/services that will bring more passive income (in addition to private sessions)
- Get creative ideas for these other products/services
- Learn how I created my online courses for accent and pronunciation training
- Get recommendations for the software and other tech to make it happen
Lesson 4: Mindset (5:58)
- Check in with your accent instructor mindset
- Words of wisdom from a seasoned pro (me!)
Section Total Instruction Time: 253.88 minutes, 4.2 Hours
Total Course Instruction Time: 253.88 minutes = 4.2 hours = 0.4 ASHA CEUs
You'll also get access to...
Tech and Equipment Resources
Save time and effort by using the recommendations for software, materials, equipment, and other essentials that I use to run my business and provide services.
You'll also get all my recommendations for the filming, editing, and video production equipment and software to create video lessons or other promotional materials on a shoestring budget.
One Year of Live Group Coaching Sessions
If you are struggling to find new students or worried that you don't know how to start or grow a business, these sessions will give you the guidance that you need.
In recent sessions we have covered:
- How to film, edit, and create video lessons on a tight budget
- Should you post rates on your website?
- Is there such a thing as too much feedback?
- Systems to run your business more efficiently
- Social Media vs. Email Marketing: Which is more important?
- Creative ways (beyond private sessions) to increase revenue and grow your business.
- What goes into a Facebook/Google Ad (with my template)
- What you REALLY need on your website when you are just starting out
- What to consider when working with a student with a very mild accent (i.e. you don't think they need your services)
- Steal my template for a perfect Sales Page
- Crafting emails that get engagement and make sales
- Optimizing your email welcome sequences
- What to do with students/clients who just want to talk (and not work on sounds or anything specific)
- Affiliates as an extra stream of income
- How to ask for testimonials without making it awkward
- Improving client retention
- How to easily create an email video course
And so much more...
Replays are available and all students may submit questions whether they attend live or not.
Access all modules and lessons 24/7 on your computer or on your smartphone using the Kajabi app.