SLP’s, ESL Teachers, and other Language Professionals
Do you feel like teaching accents would be a really cool career but you have to be born with a secret superpower to do it? Spoiler Alert: (It Is and You Don’t!)
Have you tried working with accent and pronunciation students on your own but feel like you are making it up as you go and don’t really know what you're doing?
Do you know a lot about the sounds of spoken English but feel clueless about how to teach them?
You need a detailed, easy to implement plan for creating accent and pronunciation training sessions and programs.
You’ll get that in my Intro To Teaching Accents & Pronunciation On-Demand Workshop
Done For You Lesson Plan
Get a copy of the exact 12-Week Lesson Plan that I use with almost every non-native speaker who wants to improve spoken English and it's easily adapted to specific native languages. You'll learn exactly which goals to set and the order in which you should present them to your students. With this resource, you'll be ready to work with any student!
Do You Realize That...
You already have many of the skills that you need to work with accent training students. You just need to know how to best organize that knowledge to design effective programs.
Most of us didn’t get much training on accent modification or pronunciation training in college, so it’s totally normal to wonder how to do it.
I knew almost nothing about how to teach accents when I started 20 years ago, but I got better with experience, and so will you. If you want to start teaching, you just need to learn the basics.
Listen…people with half your linguistic knowledge are out there killing it while you are still waiting to feel ready to teach!
So learn the basics, get out there, and start teaching!
Here's How It Works
Enroll and Log In
You'll receive an email with login info so you can start immediately. All lessons are available in your online library.
Complete The Program
You get lifetime access to the course AND you'll be included in any updates so there is no rush to complete the lessons.
Apply What You’ve Learned
Use my session structure to design your own sessions and programs.
Sure, there are other Accent & Pronunciation Teacher Training Courses out there.
And if you are looking for a huge commitment of time and money, those could be great options for you.
But if you are looking for a short and sweet course with practical accent training strategies that you can implement immediately, without breaking the bank by investing hundreds (or thousands) of dollars in a course, this on-demand workshop is your next step.
You'll learn the skills you need to start getting experience as an accent & pronunciation instructor sooner, rather than later.
Can I Take A Look Inside The Workshop?
Of course! Press play to see exactly what you'll get inside the Intro To Teaching Accents & Pronunciation Workshop.
I Love Teaching Accents and Pronunciation
Work with anyone in the world, from anywhere in the world
All you need to work with your students is a computer. Most students prefer the flexibility to work with you via video call. You can make it full-time or part-time, depending on how many students you choose to see, and you can do the work from anywhere in the world.
An accent training business is an easy startup with very little financial investment or risk. You don’t need any expensive equipment or specialized materials to get started. And the best part...when you build your own business so you don’t have to work for someone else. You get to call the shots!
New Streams of Income
Online learning and coaching is becoming more and more common for speech and pronunciation work. Once you know how to work with students in this specialized area, you can offer online courses, membership programs, group coaching, webinars and online workshops… The possibilities to grow your business are endless and you can do it all on your own terms.
I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist and I've been teaching accents, dialects, and pronunciation for 20 years. I started my own accent training private practice in 2011 with zero students, so I know what it is like to build a business from scratch.
I'm a wife, mom, sister, loyal friend, dancer, yogi, and member of an extended family who always seems to be visiting, calling, FaceTiming, or texting so I know what it means to be busy. I don't have time to waste with fluff, and neither do you, so I promise that you will use everything you learn in this program.
I want you to learn what you really need to know, as quickly as possible, so that you can get out there and start working with real, paying students.
So many students are ready to overcome the communication challenges that negatively affect their professional and educational advancement, self-esteem, social interactions, and everyday activities and they are searching for accent instructors to help them do it.
Format: Video lessons and related downloadable PDF's
Instruction Time: 78 minutes
This workshop qualifies for 1 Continuing Education Hour or ASHA CMH
Once you enroll, you'll get immediate lifetime access to all lessons and all materials, PLUS any updates, all for the one-time fee.
In this on-demand workshop you will learn:
- Who is a good fit for teaching accents and pronunciation so you’ll know if you are ready
- Expected outcomes for accent training students so you can set realistic goals for your students
- How to structure accent training sessions: You’ll feel ready to lead a session like a pro, even if you don’t have a lot of experience
- The 6 components that you must include in your programs to really help your students succeed
- How to teach the 3 most common pronunciation goals for students who want to improve American pronunciation: These are the goals that will have the most dramatic impact on your students’ speech.
- Exactly what to say when you are teaching these goals: Even when you get nervous in front of your students, you’ll still sound like the confident, knowledgeable teacher that you are.
- Example exercises to use in your sessions and programs: Save lots of time and research by using my tried and true examples that really resonate with students.
- Homework ideas for your students so you know how to get them to practice between sessions
Certificate of completion is available upon verification of completed coursework.
You'll get lifetime access and be included on any updates that we make to the main course.
If we ever decide to take the course offline, you be given at least 6 months notice and have the opportunity to download all lessons and materials.
When you enroll in the workshop today you'll get immediate access to these sections in your online library:
- The Workshop: Learn the fundamentals of accent training, how to do an assessment, and how to design lessons, courses, and programs - value $150
- Bonus Lessons: Homework ideas, terminology you'll need to know, how to be culturally sensitive when teaching accents (a new hot topic!) and more.
- My 12-Week Lesson Plan for Any Student with the goal of learning the American Accent: Learn exactly which goals to set and the order in which you should present them
- Chat in every lesson for questions: Get the answers and support you need to be successful.
Seats for the Live Version of this exact workshop sold for $150.00. Even without the added bonuses, this is a smart investment to make in your career.
Accent training is such a great career and you can totally do this.
We get to help our students feel confident about speaking and lead more enjoyable lives. It can be full-time or part-time and you can do the work from anywhere in the world. It's an easy startup with very little financial investment or risk. You don’t need any expensive equipment or specialized materials to get started. In fact, if you have a computer or smartphone (and since you are reading this I'm assuming you do) you already have almost everything you need.
Almost anyone who speaks English at an advanced level can do it, once they know the basics. And the basics are not rocket science ;)
I created this intro workshop because I wanted to offer an affordable solution that included enough training to help you start teaching and getting experience ASAP.
So right now, you can get started for just...
Do I need to have experience with teaching languages or accents to take this course?
Can I Earn CEU’s or Continuing Education Hours For This?
Do I need to be a native speaker of English?
What’s the return policy?
How Long Do I Have To Access The Materials and Complete The Course?
Can I Ask Questions?
What's The Difference Between This Workshop and The Accent Channel Teacher Training Program?
After Completing This Course Participants Will Be Able To
- Explain the importance of cultural sensitivity when teaching accents
- Identify the most common goals of accent training programs
- Define important terminology for working with students who want to improve pronunciation
- Determine the most effective order of goals for an accent training lesson plan
- Apply practice and training techniques to help students use American sounds and features in conversational speech
- Implement accent training exercises and provide feedback
- Develop homework strategies for students