The Accent Channel Method Of Speech Improvement Teacher Training Program
The Training Techniques, Materials, Resources, and Marketing Strategies You Need to Build A Steady Stream Of StudentsENROLL NOW
If you've ever wanted to offer speech, accent, or pronunciation training services, this practical course will get you prepared, excited, and ready to do it.
You’ll learn how to do an assessment, set goals, create lesson plans, structure sessions, and design training programs using proven teaching techniques. You’ll also get familiar with how to troubleshoot common speech challenges for non-native speakers based on their native language/region.
Intake forms, outlines for conversational assessments, blank evaluation forms, downloadable practice sheets and audio practice for your students, plus scripts for how to explain sounds and features to confidently guide you through your assessments and sessions are all included.
To be a great teacher, you need experience with real students, so the program includes a marketing course that will help you implement proven, what’s-working-now strategies to find new students and grow your business with consistent enrollments.
You'll also learn how to price your sessions and packages and how to get the offer of your services in front of the students who need your help.
This Program Is Offered For
Note that 0.1 ASHA CEU = 1 contact hour.
ASHA CE Provider approval and use of the Brand Block does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products or clinical procedures.
To receive a course completion certificate or earn ASHA CEUs, you will need to:
- Watch all required video lessons
- Pass 3, online, multiple choice quizzes that are 10 questions each (one at the end of each section) with 80% accuracy. You are permitted to retake each quiz until you have achieved a passing score.
- Complete and submit the online course evaluation.
- Complete and submit the online ASHA CEU or CE hour request form
We will then verify your coursework and notify you by email letting you know if you have satisfactorily met all the above course completion requirements. Partial credit is not available for this course.
This course will be open for enrollment and available for earning ASHA CEUs from
April 16, 2021 until December 31, 2021
You will have 1 year from the date of enrollment to complete the program and earn ASHA CEUs. So if you enroll on December 31, 2021, you'll still have 1 year to complete the course and earn ASHA CEUs.
You will have access to all course materials and bonus materials for 1 year. If you wish to renew access, you can do so for a yearly fee. (renewal fee for 2021 is $199.00)
After Completing This Course Participants Will Be Able To
- Explain the importance of cultural sensitivity when teaching accents
- Identify the 11 most common goals of speech training programs for non-native speakers
- Describe the 3 main purposes of an Speech Assessment
- Summarize differences between formal and conversational assessments
- Complete the 5 steps of a Speech Assessment
- Explain assessment findings to students
- Set goals and create lesson plans based on assessment findings
- Determine the most effective order of goals for an speech improvement lesson plan
- Instruct students to pronounce vowels and consonants using General American pronunciation
- Demonstrate American rhythm and intonation patterns
- Design training for vocabulary, idioms, grammar, conversational skills, presentation skills, and voice improvement in response to specific student goals and needs
- Apply practice and training techniques to help students use American sounds and features in conversational speech
- Implement training exercises and provide effective feedback for students
- Develop appropriate speech training activities for 1-to-1 sessions
- Develop homework strategies for students
- Analyze goals based on student's native language
- Integrate training techniques based on individual needs of each student
- Define basic principals of digital marketing
- Identify correlation of consistent marketing communication with more consistent sales and enrollments
- Apply marketing strategies to increase student enrollment and current student retention
- Decide between paid traffic and organic traffic as the most effective way to find new students
- Develop and create promotional materials appropriate for students who would benefit from speech training services
- Learn best practices for delivering promotional materials to potential students
What’s The Refund/Satisfaction Policy?
Can I earn ASHA CEUs or continuing education hours for this?
Don’t I need some special certification or licensure to teach?
Do I need to be a native speaker of English?
What if I've never worked with a student before?
How Long Does It Take To Complete The Program?
Presenter and Disclosures
Jessica Kijowski, MS, CCC-SLP is an ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist who has spent the last 20 years teaching accents and dialects to award-winning actors, models, voice over artists, corporate executives, lawyers, teachers, diplomats, and professional voice users from all over the world.
After earning a Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology in 2000 and completing an internship focused the vocal rehabilitation of actors and singers, Jessica began her career as an Accent and Dialect Specialist at New York Speech Improvement Services and The Sam Chwat Speech Center before opening her own private practice in 2013. She created The Accent Channel in 2015 to offer online speech improvement courses, workshops, and teacher training programs. Jessica has also been an Adjunct Professor of Voice and Diction at New York University.
Financial – Jessica Kijowski is creator and owner of The Accent Channel and receives a salary.
Financial – Jessica Kijowski recommends optional products and services in a "resources" section of this program and may receive affiliate fees through the Amazon Associates program and the Kajabi Affiliate program if you purchase these products and services using our links.
Non-Financial – Jessica Kijowski has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
The content of this online course will focus on learning The Accent Channel Method of Speech Improvement. Other methods of training will not be covered but can be discussed if you have specific questions.
All materials used for this method are included via download with this program.
Access to download these materials will be available for 1 year after enrollment date. After one year, access will expire and participant will have the option to continue access for a fee.
SLPs and ESL Teachers
Format: Video lessons, related downloadable PDF's, instructor chat section for questions
On-Demand Learning: Once you enroll, you'll get immediate access to all lessons and all materials in the core program.
Total Instruction Time: 13.01 hours (total time does not include live coaching sessions, bonus lessons, or student practice videos)
Section 1: Getting Started
Module 1: You Can Do This
Learn to do an assessment, structure sessions and programs, and provide corrections and feedback for your students.
Introduction: Cultural Sensitivity When Teaching Accents (16:30)
Lesson 1: Important Terminology (15:59)
- What Is An Accent?
- How Do You Change An Accent? Is It Possible?
- Current Accent Vs. Goal Accent
- Accent Reduction, Accent Modification, Accent Training, Learning The American Accent: What’s The Difference? (and how to decide what’s best for marketing your services)
Lesson 2: IPA and The General American Accent: What You Really Need To Know (14:45)
- The General American Accent: What You Need To Know To Teach It
- Sounds and Symbols of the General American Accent: What I Do And Why I Do It
- What Your Students Need To Know About Sounds And Symbols
Lesson 3: The 11 Essential Goals of The General American Accent (6:45)
- A brief overview of the most common goals for non-native speakers. You’ll go more in-depth with these goals in another section of the program
Module 2: How To Do An Speech Assessment
Lesson 1: The 3 Purposes Of An Assessment (22:24)
- The Most Important Goals of an Assessment
- Formal Vs. Conversational Assessment: Which Is Best?
Lesson 2: How To Do A Speech Assessment (43:55)
- How To Do A Speech Assessment: My Process Step-By-Step (Materials and Forms Included)
- The 5 Steps of an Assessment
- The Questions to Ask During an Assessment and Why You Should Ask Them
- How To Sound Like a Expert (even when you are just starting out) and How To Avoid The Biggest Mistakes that Most New Teachers Make
- Exactly What To Say When Presenting Goals To Your Student
- What To Do If You Don’t Hear Any Sounds/Concepts To Present As Goals
Lesson 3: Case Study: How To Present Goals To A Student (13:54)
- Listen in as I present the findings of a Speech Assessment to a native speaker of Polish
Lesson 4: Using The Assessment Findings To Design A Lesson Plan (9:59)
- Designing Your Lesson Plan
- How To Decide Which GoalTo Work On First
- The Most Effective Order for Your Lesson Plan Goals
Lesson 5: What To Do If They Don't Schedule: How To Turn It Around (7:29)
- Learn what to do if you think you nailed the assessment, but your potential student doesn't schedule a session
Module 3: Implementing Your Programs
Lesson 1: How to Structure Sessions and Programs (49:38)
- Who is a good fit for teaching accents and pronunciation
- How to structure a 12-Week program
- How to structure a training session
- How to teach the most common pronunciation goals for non-native speakers
- Get creative (and adult-appropriate!) activities and homework ideas for your students
Lesson 2: The 6 Components You Must Include In Your Training Programs (8:25)
- Features other than pronunciation to include in your programs
- Learn additional areas of study and practice to include in each of your sessions to keep your students interested and improving
Lesson 3: Accent Training Exercises To Keep Your Students Talking! (0:00) PDF Only
Lesson 4: Homework Ideas (0:00) PDF Only
Lesson 5: Just Starting Out And Need A Confidence Boost? (12:34)
- If you haven't worked with a student yet or have only done a few sessions and need a plan to boost your confidence, take a listen.
Section Total Instruction Time: 218.97 minutes, 3.6 Hours
Section 2: Marketing For Accent & Pronunciation Professionals
In this section, you'll implement marketing strategies that attract potential students and set up an automated system that captures leads 24/7. This is a proven formula for consistent enrollments and revenue.
Module 1: Find Your Audience
Lesson 1: Starting From Scratch Checklist (1:20)
- Learn about the business basics that you need to start working with students and implementing your marketing strategy
- Download a copy of my Starting From Scratch Checklist, to get a step-by-step guide to starting your business, as well as all my recommendations on the equipment, software, and other basics that you will need
Lesson 2: Digital Marketing Basics (23:17)
- Learn to confidently sell your products and services without feeling like a pushy salesperson
- The foundations of digital marketing
- The different types of customers that you’ll encounter in your business so you can send the right marketing message to the right person at the right time
- My tried and true marketing strategies to find new students who have never heard of me before
- How I turn every email that I send into a subtle offer of my products and services (so I am constantly selling and enrolling new students every single week)
Lesson 3: Communicating Your Value and Talking About The Transformation (6:24)
- The 2 key questions to answer that will be the basis for all of your marketing messaging
- Why understanding your student's desires and fears makes you a better marketer AND a better teacher
Lesson 4: Attracting Your Perfect Students (25:30)
- Identify your students' fears and challenges, as well as their goals and desires, so that you can effectively communicate the transformation and value that you offer
- Learn to talk about your business in a way that promotes your services without really selling
- Understand what potential students are really looking for in a speech professional so you can give them more of it (and see more consistent sales and enrollments!)
Module 2: Setting Up Your Selling System
Lesson 1: Why An Email List Is Important (19:02)
- Learn why an email list should be the foundation of your marketing strategy
Lesson 2: Lead Magnets (31:35)
- Create your own Lead Magnet/Freebie to gain new leads and email subscribers
- Learn how to get your Lead Magnet in front of students who want your services
Lesson 3 and 3a: Email Welcome Sequence (23:48)
- Learn to create an email welcome sequence for your new subscribers and why it is such an important part of your customer's journey through your business
- Understand how many emails you should send and what to write about in a welcome sequence
- Get a copy (yes, the exact emails that I send to my students) of my most popular and effective welcome sequence to help you get started
Lesson 4: Ideas For Free Content (12:47)
- Learn how to attract new leads and email subscribers to your website
- Create engaging free lessons that will attract new students, establish your expertise, and showcase your teaching style
- Use my shortcuts for creating free lessons that will save you a ton of time, effort, and frustration
- Implement my free lesson strategy to increase your organic traffic (rank in Google)
- Get all my recommendations for filming, editing, and video production equipment and software
Lesson 5: Weekly Email Strategy (21:25)
- Learn copywriting strategies so that you can create emails, Social Media posts, and other promotional content that people actually want to read
- Understand the most important factors that affect deliverability so you can keep your emails out of the spam folders and in your customer's inbox
- Learn the best trick that I know for coming up with eye-catching subject lines and headlines that attract attention and increase open rates (and sales!)
Module 3: Attract More Attention
Lesson 1: Proven Strategies To Find New Students (23:02)
- Learn proven marketing strategies for finding brand-new students
- Get the step-by step guide to my paid traffic strategy that brings a steady stream of new students into my business every single day
- Decide which type of paid ads will work best for your business
- Choose a primary Social Media platform for your marketing strategy and learn why it's more effective (and much less overwhelming) to focus on only one
Section Total Instruction Time: 186.5 minutes, 3.1 Hours
Section 3: The 11 Essential Goals Of The American Accent
- Get a copy of the exact lesson plan that I use with almost every non-native speaker who wants to improve spoken English
- Learn to develop personalized accent or pronunciation training programs that serve all of your students, regardless of native language
- Learn to teach every sound of American English so that you look like an expert, even if you have little to no experience
- Learn to teach suprasegmentals i.e. rhythm, intonation, linking etc.
- Get access to the downloadable materials you will need for your students. You won't have to spend hours creating worksheets or practice recordings
- Get additional lesson plans for other common languages/regions
Section Total Instruction Time: 375.39 minutes, 6.2 Hours
Total Course Instruction Time: 780.86 minutes, 13.01 Hours, 1.3 ASHA CEU
You'll also get access to...
Lesson Plans For Specific Languages
You'll get detailed lesson plans for specific native languages and learn to teach several dialects of English.
Listen to recordings of my sessions with my students so you learn how to run a session and feel confident that you are doing it the right way.
Tech and Equipment Resources
Save time and effort by using the recommendations for software, materials, equipment, and other essentials that I use to run my business and provide services.
You'll also get all my recommendations for the filming, editing, and video production equipment and software to create video lessons or other promotional materials on a shoestring budget.
Get 1 year of free access to over 350 downloadable audios and practice sheets to use with your students. You can save them to your personal files or extend access for a yearly fee.
Be Listed in our Teacher Directory
To help new students find you and learn more about your services.
One Year of Live Group Coaching Sessions
We talk a lot about marketing so if you are struggling to find new students or worried that you don't know how to start or grow a business, these sessions will give you the guidance that you need.
In recent sessions we have covered:
- How to film, edit, and create video lessons on a tight budget
- Should you post rates on your website?
- Is there such a thing as too much feedback?
- Systems to run your business more efficiently
- Social Media vs. Email Marketing: Which is more important?
- Creative ways (beyond private sessions) to increase revenue and grow your business.
- What goes into a Facebook/Google Ad (with my template)
- What you REALLY need on your website when you are just starting out
- What to consider when working with a student with a very mild accent (i.e. you don't think they need your services)
- Steal my template for a perfect Sales Page
- Crafting emails that get engagement and make sales
- Optimizing your email welcome sequences
- What to do with students/clients who just want to talk (and not work on sounds or anything specific)
- Affiliates as an extra stream of income
- How to ask for testimonials without making it awkward
- Improving client retention
- How to easily create an email video course
And so much more...
Replays are available and all students may submit questions whether they attend live or not.
Access all modules and lessons 24/7 on your computer or on your smartphone using the Kajabi app.
Learn The Method
Learn to conduct an assessment, set goals, create lesson plans, and design programs using proven teaching techniques. Troubleshoot common speech challenges for non-native speakers based on native language/region.
Get access to the exact lesson plans and materials that I use with my own students.
Done For You Activities & Materials
If you want to charge premium prices, you need to offer quality materials in your programs.
You'll get a full year of access to my library of high-quality, modern materials that are appropriate for accent and pronunciation training. You can download and save all the practice sheets and audios to use with your own students.
Our online library has everything you need to teach rhythm, intonation, and every sound of American English.
Avoid the hours and hours of research, work, and frustration that come with creating or searching for materials.
These video lessons show you exactly how to teach vowels, consonants, linking, rhythm, intonation, and more! And you can let your students watch them too. Detailed instructions give you an actual script to use when teaching. You’ll sound like a true expert even if you’ve never worked with a student before.
Can I Take A Look Inside The Program?
Of course! Press play to see exactly what you'll get with The Accent Channel Method program.
The Accent Channel Method is the only program of its kind that…
Focuses on finding students and building a business:
Asking for referrals (wait, what if I'm just starting and don't have any students to ask!?!?!) or giving free presentations or workshops in your community (maybe that worked 20 years ago but the world is really different now!) are not effective ways to consistently and predictably attract and enroll new students. You need a real marketing plan.
We walk you through the steps of implementing proven marketing strategies that attract potential students and setting up an automated system that captures leads 24/7. This is a successful formula for consistent enrollments and revenue.
This is the exact system that I used to grow my business into a full-time career. I now have a months-long waiting list of students waiting for me to work with them. I don't tell you this to boast. I tell you this to inspire you and let you know that students are out there looking for our help!
There are so many possibilities for more revenue and passive income and in the program, you'll explore lots of non-traditional options to grow your business.
Gets you ready to work with real students ASAP:
I’ll show you exactly what you need (and what you don’t need) to create awesome training programs that get real results and turn your potential students into loyal long-term customers.
You'll get access to a growing library of downloadable materials. And this is good stuff. This is all practical, age-appropriate, really engaging stuff that your students will love.
Teaches you to teach dialects:
Although you don't need to know how to teach dialects, it does make you a better teacher and teaching dialects to actors is a really great niche market. In the program, you'll learn how to do it!
Gives you the support that you need:
You don't need to do this alone! I have 20 years of answers and I can't wait to share them with you.
You can ask questions and get feedback using the chat feature at the bottom of each lesson page or in our private Facebook Group.
You can also ask questions or request topics to be covered in our Monthly Live Group Coaching sessions. Replays are available if you can't make it live.
What's Not To Love?
Easy Start Up
All you need to work with your students is a computer. Most students prefer the flexibility to work with you via video call. You can make it full-time or part-time, depending on how many students you choose to see, and you can do the work without leaving the house.
An accent training business requires very little financial investment or risk. You don’t need any expensive equipment or specialized materials to get started. And the best part...when you build your own business so you don’t have to work for someone else. You get to call the shots!
New Streams of Income
The average rate for a private speech and pronunciation session ranges from $75-$175 per session. And once you know how to work with students in this specialized area, you can offer online courses, membership programs, group coaching, webinars and online workshops… The possibilities to grow your business are endless and you can grow as you feel ready.